What is “CBD”?
CBD is an abbreviation for “cannabidiol” – a component found in cannabis, that has no psychoactive effects (no marijuana ‘high’ because it is NOT marijuana). CBD has been shown to have properties, when ingested or applied locally that may benefit your health. CBD is found in greater amounts in “hemp”, which is a type of cannabis, but not the psychoactive strain of plant often referred to as “marijuana”.
The Endocannabinoid System in You
You have an “endocannabinoid system” in your body. Every human does! This is one of science’s most exciting discoveries – each of us are basically “pre-wired” with cannabinoid receptors throughout our body! These receptors are most abundant in our immune system and in our brain – two extremely important functions for optimal health and wellness.
Can CBD Hemp Oil Help Me?
Due to current Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) Regulations, no claims can be made about any specific ailments that may be alleviated or cured with the use of CBD Hemp Oil. However, you can do your own research with the product and see if it helps you.
Cannabidiol Research Has Shown
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps the body to prevent the production of the chemical that causes inflammation
- Anti-convulsive properties
- Provides an anti-depressant and anxiolytic (anti-stress) effect
- CBD can aid in the self destruction of cancer cells without affecting other cells
- The protection of nerves by inhibiting the processes that damage nerves
- CBD is effective against MRSA (antibiotic-resistant bug)
- Cannabidiol is NOT psychoactive (CBD is not THC – they are completely different compounds)